Ontology Tutorials and Resources
- Introduction to Ontologies: slides from Cold Spring Harbor workshop, October 2018.
- Ontology Development 101: A Guide to Creating Your First Ontology by Natalya F. Noy and Deborah L. McGuinness.
- Ontology 101 Tutorial: from International Conference on Biological Ontology (ICBO) 2018
- Ontology 101 Open Educational Resource: Funded by NIH BD2K Initiative.
- Protege: An ontology development software application
- Ontology Development Kit: A toolkit to initialize an OBO library repository and associated files.
- Robot: ROBOT is a an tool for working with Open Biomedical Ontologies.
- VOCOL: An Integrated Environment for Collaborative Vocabulary Development.
- Karma Data Integration: A data integration tool.
Ontofox: An ontology term and relation extraction and reuse tool.
- MIRO: guidelines for minimum information for the reporting of an ontology by Nicolas Matentzoglu, James Malone, Chris Mungall and Robert Stevens, Journal of Biomedical Semantics20189:6, https://doi.org/10.1186/s13326-017-0172-7
- An Intrepid Guide to Ontologies, by Mike Bergman, posted on May 16, 2007 in Adaptive Information, Description Logics, Ontologies, Semantic Web, Structured Web
- Monkeying around with OWL: a technical blog on ontologies and ontology engineering by Chris Mungall.
- Feed your head: a technical blog on ontologies and ontology engineering by Robert Stevens.
- Biomedical ontologies, data integration and annotation, British sense of humour:a technical blog on ontologies and ontology engineering by James Malone.
- What are Ontologies?
- Semantic Web for the Working Ontologist, Second Edition by Dean Allemang and James Hendler
- Linked Data Patterns: A pattern catalogue for modelling, publishing, and consuming Linked Data by Leigh Dodds and Ian Davis
- Learning SPARQL by Bob DuCharme